250 A4 sheets of paper
Product contains 250 loose sheets of Archie's Calligraphy guided paper. This paper was specially selected for calligraphy with dip pen nibs and fountain pens. Paper thickness is 120 g/m2, natural white (ivory) paper colour makes for an elegant look. One-side printed with a delicate but well visible guidelines for learning and practicing traditional and modern calligraphy. The printed guidelines neither dominate the page nor spoil the graphic composition of the work. Plain paper is also available, it is blank on both sides and can be used to all calligraphy styles, practice and final work.
- Plain (blank) paper;
- Copperplate, Spencerian - 3:2:3 ratio, 9/6/9 mm, letter slant angle of 55 degrees (vertical layout "Portrait");
- Copperplate, Spencerian - 3:2:3 ratio, 6/4/6 mm, letter slant angle of 55 degrees (vertical layout "Portrait");
- Copperplate, Spencerian - lines every 1.25 mm, letter slant angle of 55 degrees (horizontal layout "Landscape");
- Italic - lines every 7.5 mm, letter slant angle of 9 degrees (vertical layout "Portrait");
- Italic - lines every 1.25 mm, letter slant angle of 9 degrees (horizontal layout "Landscape");
- Straight letter calligraphy - lines every 1.25 mm, vertical pink lines (available in "Portrait" vertical or "Landscape" horizontal layout); for: upright styles such as medieval calligraphy (e.g. Gothic, Texture, Fracture, Uncial, Batarde, Carolingian hand).
Designed specifically for calligraphers, especially for people who are learning or practicing calligraphy, it can also be used for other purposes such as writing letters. Special emphasis was put on paper quality, which has been tested with many inks, it suffered no feathering, blotting or bleeding thru. The paper has a high degree of smoothness, which makes it non-scratchy and unmatched in the calligraphy with a dip pen nib. The good quality and smoothness of paper is important at every stage of learning calligraphy, but especially at the beginning because it saves the beginners a lot of frustration, problems and discouragement when learning to write with dip pen nib.
The Ecological paper (from renewable sources), certified by the FSC (Forest Stewardship Council), is acid and chlorine-free. The paper is certified for archive purposes and is suitable for storage for at least 200 years.
The cover is made of recycled paper and printed in dark chocolate colour, therefore has an elegant look with a vintage touch, very suitable for a tasteful gift.
The product is designed and made in Poland.